It’s Day 6 of my Detox and I have been feeling fantastic. This has definitely been one of those golden detoxes where my symptoms haven’t been very drastic. My ears have been feeling a little clogged so I am going to have some ear candling done today.
But thats one of the things I love of doing a gentle detox like this. Some detoxes, like a 14 Day juice fasts, are really difficult and challenging on your body ! Doing a gentle detox more often while adopting healthier lifestyle choices in your day to day still allow for growth and changes. It’s what you do after your detox that makes the biggest change. Use this opportunity to decide what healthier lifestyle choices you should be making. Today in the video I am making 2 recipes that are a great addition to your detox and your everyday diet.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bunch of Kale destemmed or spinach
- 1 banana
- a handful of frozen mango
- a handful of frozen pineapple
Blend all the ingredients together very well. (Optional: replace the mango and pineapple with a fresh pear and the water with unfermented apple cider for a delicious fall green smoothie!)
For more green smoothie recipes or to find out why green smoothies are so good for use check out the book Green for Life . Or there are lots of free recipes online and even an app or two!
- 1 bunch of Kale destemmed and cut into strips
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- tomato, pepper, & shredded carrots
- Dulse flakes
- Other options to top kale salad while not detoxing
- goji berries & hemp seeds
- cubed apples or pears & slivered almonds
- cubed pineapple or mango & coconut
- pomegranate seeds & pine nuts
- dried cherries and pecans
Massage the Kale with the salt. Then add the lemon juice and avocado and massage some more. The secret to good Kale is a good massage! Then add your toppings.
What is your favorite Leafy Green Vegetable?