I love essential oils. I love the way many of the smell. I enjoy how I feel when I use them. And they have been very helpful in helping me with aches and pains. So after playing and studying with oils for 10 years, I have created 3 signature blends.
- Essential oils are a very condensed form of the plant. There are contraindications. I do not suggest ingesting them because they could interact with your medications.
- Diffusing certain essential oils into the air can effect our pets.
- When applying to our skin we should always dilute. There is no reason not to dilute your essential oils in oil or lotion first. You will still have all the benefits.
- Essential oils only have a shelf life of 1 to 3 years. Only 6 months once they become diluted into a lotion, oil, or spray.
- Keep you products in glass (preferably tinted) glass. The oils will absorb into plastic instead of going into your body where you want them!
- When in doubt… try lavender
Love life blend
Love your life, love your skin with this blend of hormone balancing oils. These oils are wonderful for skin! I add these into a 2 oz glass spray bottle with witch hazel as a toner. And another 2 oz glass bottle with a dropper with half castor oil and half jojoba oil as a facial cleanser.
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang
- 5 drops Geranium
- 3 drops Rose
- 1 drop Patchouli
* This blend has no known contraindications.
This is my magical stick that helps with aches and pain headaches, and arthritis. I add these into a 15ml glass roll-on with oil. Or 8 oz massage oil. I love Natural Formulations Pure and natural blend. They also have wonderful essential oils!
- 10 drops of lavender
- 5 drops of bergamot (no sun exposure on area)
- 3 drops of sweet marjoram
- 3 drops eucalyptus ( do not use under 12 years old)
- 3 drops helichrysum ( not for use under 12 or pregnancy)
- 3 drops rose
- 1 drops clary sage ( avoid during pregnancy)
I combine these with a custom body butter in a 4 oz. mason jar. I massage into onto my skin while I am doing self massage cupping. Great for the stomach and legs!
- 10 drops juniper-berry ( not to be used during pregnancy, those under 12, those with kidney problems)
- 10 drops white grapefruit
- 5 drops lemon (avoid exposure to sun)
- 5 drop fennel ( do not use under 16, during pregnancy, those with epilepsy, those with high estrogen, women who have breast cancer, people with kidney problems or stones.)
- 5 drop lavender
The benefits of blends
Buying essential oils can really add up. Considering that they only have a shelf life between 1 and 3 years, it can be challenging to use them all in time. Only buy what you can use within a year. Buying a couple blends instead of many individual oils can be easier on the wallet! And then buying more of just your favorites, mine is rose and marjoram.